- Grants permits
- Grants street closures
- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits City Council meeting minutes
- Attends Council Meetings, and Planning & Zoning Meetings
- Reconciles and Balance Financial Records
- Oversees the City Administration Offices
- Assists with Obtaining and Maintaining Grants Beneficial to the City
The City Clerk serves as the link between City Council and citizens as well as between the Mayor and city employees.
The office of City Clerk for the City of Decatur provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the City Council and the City Mayor. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the City of Decatur City Clerk.