- Payment Options
- Animal Services
- Emergency Services
- Parks & Recreation
- Gas & Electric Utilities
- Sanitation & Recycling
- Water Utilities
- New Resident Resources
- Westside Eagle Observer
- Contact Us
To apply for any position at the City of Decatur, please complete our required A(if available) below or obtain an application in person at City Hall. Please make sure you meet the specific qualifications for the position you are applying for; otherwise the application will not be processed. We look forward to receiving your application and discussing the employment opportunity of interest.
Water Utility Operator - Accepting Applications Until Position Is Filled
Water Utility Operators are responsible for inspecting, taking samples, maintenance and repair activities in and on public works facilities and equipment in the water collection and water distribution systems.
Duties, Responsibilites and Expectations
* Operate heavy equipment, machinery and specialized equipment used in the operation and maintenance of water systems.
* Maintain water pumping and storage facilities.
* Perform routine and preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment. Assist with major equipment maintenance and repairs as assigned.
* Perform on-call duties as assigned.
* General mechanical, plumbing and electrical repairs and diagnosis.
* Reading and comprehending maps, diagrams and policies.
* City geography and street location.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with city officials, employeees and general public.
* Maintain regular, predictable and punctual attendance.
* Work a flexible schedule which may include evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime.
* Use safe working practices.
* High School Diploma/GED
* Class 1 Water License which must be obtained within 18 months of hire date.
* Valid Driver's License.
* Working in all weather conditions
* Heavy Lifting
Applications can be picked up and turned in at the City Hall office located at 310 Maple Ave. Decatur, AR 72722