- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- City Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Animal Services
- Emergency Services
- Parks & Recreation
- Gas & Electric Utilities
- Sanitation & Recycling
- Water Utilities
- New Resident Resources
- Westside Eagle Observer
- Contact Us
Effective Immediately: Basketball and Tennis Courts - March 25, 2020
Mayor Bob Tharp has issued that effective immediately all tennis courts and basketball courts are... [more...]
Effective Immediately: Playground Areas are Closed - March 24, 2020
Mayor Bob Tharp has issued that effective immediately the playground equipment and play areas in ... [more...]
To apply for any position at the City of Decatur, please complete our required A(if available) below or obtain an application in person at City Hall. Please make sure you meet the specific qualifications for the position you are applying for; otherwise the application will not be processed. We look forward to receiving your application and discussing the employment opportunity of interest.
- Open position: Part-time Police Officer: Deadline for application is by 4 pm on March 6, 2020. You must be at least 21 years of age, a citizen of the U. S., must possess a valid driver's license, must have a GED or High School diploma, must be willing to submit to psychological and medical exams, and must be able to pass a criminal background check. Applicants must be willing to work any shift and wear uniforms. Law enforcement experience is preferred. If you are interested you can apply at the Decatur Police Department or you can download an online application from the City of Decatur website. See Police Application below under "Relevant Documents."
- Open position: Streets and Parks Department: Deadline for applications is 4 pm Friday, February 28, 2020. You may turn your application in at City Hall or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
It is a full-time position. GED or high school diploma required; must possess a valid driver's license; must be able to effectively communicate with others orally and in writing; knowledgeable in the use and able to operate various hand tools; heavy equipment; abilitly to read and understand safety rules; operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; Must be saftey conscience; must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; must be able to lift and/or move upto 100 pounds.
While working this position the employee is exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electric shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide Customer service for all customers
- Maintain postive and effective working relationships with other city employees
- Operate heavy construction equipment such as a backhoe, dump truck, bushhog, tractor, and mower
- Perform grounds maintenance, general maintenance, basic grading of roads, mowing functions, general drainage management and general labor
- Mow, weedeat, trim and prune right of ways and other areas assigned
- Move equipment and materials to and from job sites
- Properly maintain equipment
- Assigned to any of the following areas with the division--grounds maintenance, facilities maintenance, equipment maintenance, parks maintenance, or streets maintenance
- Respond to after hours service needs
- perform general labor and maintenance duties and other duties as assigned.