The City of Decatur is still accepting applications for Water Utility Operator
Applications will be Accepted Until Position Is Filled!!
- Water Utility Operators are Responsible for inspecting, Sampling, maintenance, and Repair activities in and on public works facilities and equipment in the water collection and water distribution systems
Duties, Responsibilities and Expectations
- Operate heavy equipment, machinery and specialized equipment used in the operation and maintenance of water systems.
- Maintain water pumping and storage facilities.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment. Assist with major equipment maintenance and repairs as assigned.
- Preform on-call duties as assigned.
- General mechanical, plumbing and electrical repairs and diagnosis.
- Reading and comprehending maps, diagrams and policies.
- City geography and street location.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with city officials, employees and general public.
- Maintain regular, predictable and punctual attendance.
- Work a flexible schedule may include evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Use Safe working Practices
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Class 1 Water License must be obtained within 18 months of hire date.
- Valid Driver's License
- Working in all weather conditions
- Heavy lifting